How can I apply for GATE funding?
You must apply for GATE funding via an online GATE Application Form in the GATE e-Service website.
GATE e-Service website: click here
In order to log on to GATE e-Service, you must register for a GATE e-Service ID. Please proceed to register at the following GATE e-Service Registration Centres across the country. Click here
for more information.
You must present original copies of the following documents for identity verification:
Do I need to provide any documentation for online GATE application?
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Card OR Passport
- Deed Poll or Affidavit, (if necessary)
You are required to upload the following documents (in softcopy) for online GATE application submission:
Important Note for uploads
- Birth Certificate with supporting affidavit (if necessary)
- National Identification Card or Passport (at least one of the two)
- Marriage / Divorce Certificate (for married / divorce student)
- Deed Poll / Affidavit (for name change)
- Latest Grade Slip or Transcript (for continuing student pursuing in the same programme)
- Acceptance Letter from Institution (for new / continuing student pursuing in new programme)
- Certificate of the previous Completed Programme (for continuing student pursuing in new programme)
Supported File Size
: Up to 3MB
Supported File Types:
.png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .tiff, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt.
GATE is administered by the Funding and Grants Administration Division of the Ministry of Education – Tertiary Education Division.