Guidelines for a Programme of Instruction for Standard Five Students (April – July 2019)
During Term III of the Academic Year 2018/2019, the Ministry of Education recommends a structured and meaningful programme that is focused on effective transitioning of students of Standard Five to secondary school. As such, the Ministry has prepared a handbook for principals which outline the following:
A curriculum consisting of four modules:
1. Understanding change as normal to growth
2. Promoting Health and Fitness
3. S.T.R.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics)
4. Deepening understandings in Mathematics and English Language Arts
A sample time-tableA list of resource personnel and their programmes. Four resource packages are also provided. These are intended to support teachers as they implement the curriculum modules
Further, a competition titled “Eco-S.M.A.R.T. (Students Making A Real Transformation) Kids” is planned to recognise and award excellence in products developed by student teams as they engage in specifically identified activities from module #3 (S.T.R.E.A.M.).
Principals are encouraged to promote this programme, titled S.T.E.P.S. (Students Transitioning Effectively from Primary to Secondary school) to parents, teachers and students of Standard Five.
- Post SEA program: Brief on 2019
- Post SEA Project: (APRIL 2019 – JULY 2019) PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- Post SEA Project: English Language Arts-READING (Modules 1 & 2)
- Post SEA Project: Teachers' STREAM Education package 2019
- Post SEA VAPA
- Principals' Handbook 2019