NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS COUNCIL
N.E.C. LEVEL II/III EXAMINATIONS
EXTERNAL AND PRIVATE CANDIDATES
The National Examinations Council is inviting applications for its July/August 2023 Level II/Level III examinations in the following areas:
|1||Air Conditioning & Refrigeration|
|2||Auto & Diesel|
|3||Bookbinding & Printfinishing|
|4||Dressmaking & Design (Intermediate)|
|5||Electrical Installation (Electrical Wireman)|
|6||Electrical Installation (Industrial Electrician)|
|7||Food Preparation (for External Candidates ONLY)|
|8||General Draughtsmanship (for External Candidates ONLY)|
|9||Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic (for External Candidates ONLY)|
|11||Shorthand (Single Subject) – 80 & 100 words per minute|
|12||Typewriting (Single Subject) – 50 words per minute|
1. External Candidate is one who:
– attended an NEC affiliated training centre and sat final exams in a particular course (no earlier than 2018);
– was unsuccessful in one or more subjects in said course and
– is desirous of repeating those subjects failed.
Application forms for External Candidates are available at any MIC Institute of Technology (MIC-IT) Centre, the Ministry of Education’s website and at the Head Office, St. Vincent Street, P.O.S.
2. Private Candidate is one who has never been certified at the Craft Level and is desirous of obtaining same.
Applicant must be:
– at least 25 years old and possess a minimum 5 years work experience in the field.
– at least 18 years old and possess a Level I certification or equivalent with a minimum of two (2) years work experience in the field.
All applicants must provide documentary proof of work experience and may be required to attend an interview at the NEC’s office, Ministry of Education Tower A Level 11.
Application forms for Private Candidates are available on the Ministry of Education’s website and at the Head Office, St. Vincent Street, P.O.S.
Registration is open for the period April 03rd,2023 – April 21st, 2023.
Completed Application Forms for EXTERNAL CANDIDATES can be submitted at any MIC Institute of Technology (MIC-IT) Centre
Completed Application Forms for PRIVATE CANDIDATES can be submitted at any MIC Institute of Technology (MIC-IT) Centre and the Ministry of Education’s Head Office, St. Vincent Street, P.O.S.
Please contact the National Examinations Council’s office at 622-2181 ext.2002-2013 for inquiries.