A secondary school is an institution for secondary education of children who are twelve to eighteen years of age. Secondary schooling proceeds primary school and precedes tertiary schooling.
The Secondary Department of the Ministry of Education is responsible for the recruitment of teachers to fill vacancies in all Government and Government Assisted Secondary Schools. It also has responsibility for the administration of teachers in all secondary schools.
- Processing of applications for entry into the Teaching service
- Processing of Increments for Secondary School Teachers
- Processing of the classification of Extended Sick Leave/No Pay Leave
- Processing of Retirement Benefits for Secondary School Teachers
- Processing acting appointments for principals.
The Secondary Department
Ministry of Education
No. 5 St. Vincent Street,
Port of Spain.
Phone: 1(868)622-2181(Ext. 1705, 1719,1720, 1734)