Vacation Revision Programme 2022 Registration
In the Secondary Entrance Assessment (SEA) 2022, over 9000 students scored less than 50% and while they have been placed in secondary schools, there is the need to provide additional support to better prepare them for this transition. As such, the Ministry will provide remedial instruction for these children during the July-August vacation period in a physical setting.
This Vacation Revision Programme will provide these specific students with the opportunity to acquire some of the competencies which will be essential for a solid foundational education in the fundamental areas of Mathematics, English Language Arts and English Language Arts Writing. Teachers will be specifically trained by the Curriculum Planning and Development Division (CPDD) to provide the tutoring needed and there will be Guidance and Counselling as well as Parenting sessions available for students and parents.
The Vacation Revision Programme 2022 will run for four (4) weeks; 18th July to 12th August, in a face-to-face format with classes being conducted between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm daily.
Registration begins 06th to 15th July, via forms . These students will be identified and parents will be contacted from the 13th July 2022.
Turn Up, Don’t Give Up Caravan
This Vacation Revision Programme will allow students the opportunity to devote more time to acquiring some of those competencies which will be essential for a solid foundational education in the fundamental areas of Mathematics, English Language Arts and English Language Arts Writing. As part of the VRP, the pilot of the Turn Up, Don’t Give Up Caravan/Campaign will also be launched.
The goal of the caravan is to empower students, give them hope and motivate them to act positively; attend school, pay attention in class, choose friends wisely, volunteer in their community by joining a club or community group. The goals of the Caravan complement the work of the School Support Services Division in general and specifically for the Vacation Revision Programme.
The caravan provides students with the opportunity to interact with young persons who have had stories that started like theirs ( low academic performance/low socio-economic background) sharing their stories and the message: Turn Up, Don’t Give Up. A Jingly Competition, using the Caravan name and messaging will also be introduced with students of the targeted schools of the VRP and schools of the School Intervention Programme.
10 Things to Know
- The Vacation Revision Programme is ONLY for students who wrote SEA 2022, scored less than 50% (Composite Standard Score 208.655) and have been placed in a secondary school
- Student registration forms are available for download and submission to district offices or via online submission
- Only teachers in primary and secondary schools can serve as tutors for this programme
- Thirty-two (32) secondary schools nationwide have been identified as sites for the Vacation Revision Programme
- Students will be tutored in Mathematics, English Language Arts and English Language Writing, Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA)
- Small class sizes (average 15) and trained teachers from Government Primary and Secondary schools
- School uniforms will not be required for these classes (schools to advise on dress code)
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided
- Support for both students and parents will be offered by the Student Support Services Division
- Daily attendance will be monitored
List of Schools
Ms. Kristian Francis Clerk 1
Office of the Chief Education Officer
Ministry of Education
Tel: 1 622-2181 ext 2352