VAPA Folk Fest – Visual Arts
This competition will allow for school administrators to showcase their Form 2 students’ artistic skills and to engender and create school awareness and camaraderie using Visual Arts.
- Launch of Competition: March 31st 2023
- All artworks must be completed following the guidelines in the entry form.
- For each artwork, a brief description is required in the registration form where the LOCAL folksong must be identified. The artwork submitted must reflect the folksong chosen.
- All students’ work to be featured in Art Exhibition at the MOE Head office and online magazine catalogue.
- 10 – 15 finalists’ artwork will be photographed and posted on MOE Social Media for People’s Choice
|List of suggested “Local Folksongs” to use as thematic inspiration for artwork|| Mangoes|
Every time ah pass
Limbo like me
Do do petite popo
Drop Peter drop
|Artwork Entries||• 2D Artwork can be created with paint, chalk, crayon, or collage and must not be smaller than 20 cm x 25 cm and must not exceed 30 cm x 40 cm.|
• 3D Artwork can be created with papier mâché, wire bending, clay, and other appropriate materials and must not be smaller than 25 cm x 30 cm and must not exceed 35 cm x 50 cm.
|Date for Collection of Artwork||Collection of Artwork with entry form |
(Please register online before – and also accompany physical copy with physical artwork)
26 May 2023 at 9:00 am – 12:00pm
RCLRC McBean Couva
- Scoring Rubric – Rubric Link
Registration process via (Microsoft Forms)
Artwork must be submitted with a completed entry form and on the date stated (Entry form). Registration for Download and Printing
- Academic School Year 2022/2023 Term 2/3
- March 2023- 16 October 2023
- Secondary School Students- Form 2 (Trinidad)
- Each secondary school can submit a maximum of two (2) entries.